Tapio Riihinen has been working in Russia and in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) for over 20 years, of which a decade as a CEO in a variety of listed companies and the other decade as a management consultant (including Interim Management). His mission has been to export the strengths of Finnish leadership and management to the organizations operating in Russia yet being critical toward the overwhelming Scandinavian management style, which is not the efficient way to manage in Russia. The rapid sales growth, but not at the expense of lack of good management, is his other great passion.
- Tapio’s expertise lies in:
- Management training and development projects for the senior lever management in Russia (Banks, telecommunications, food-, fuel-, construction- and constructions materials industry).
- Developing sales growth in leading Russian companies (construction materials, steel construction, machine rental and food industry)
- Contrbution to a dissertation “FMCG distribution in Russia”.
- Implementing business opening projects in Russia and opening new export markets for SMEs.
Marina Spiridonova is our “Grand old Lady” in the field of construction industry in St. Petersburg. Marina led sales and operations for a decade at the two largest steel construction manufacturers in St. Petersburg. She has opened new markets and strengthened market positions as a consultant and interim manager in various Finnish and international construction companies.
- Marina’s expertise lies in:
- searching properties and buildings for different purposes, assisting in property deals
- providing support to manage different phases of industry investments
- building and developing management- and sales processes
Sanna Riihinen is an expert in consumer behavior, branding, brand management and launching new products. For instance, she has been the first one in the history to launch licorice in Russia and to brand it according to Russian preferences (Makulaku Metrin laku). She has successfully led the sales and marketing of global cosmetic players in Finland and in the Scandinavia (P&G Wella, ghd) and chemistry wholesale in Russia and in the CIS.
- Sanna’s expertise lies in:
- Russian customers: segmenting, pricing and buying behavioral
- Marketing, branding
- The logistics of consumer goods including luxury products
- Starting a new business
Sergey Alekshin, who has interviewed a thousand of Russian managers, has conducted strategic marketing analysis and surveys on potential customer bases for Finnish companies over 10 years. Due to a large number of customer projects, Sergey has interviewed hundreds of Russian managers face to face and done thousands of phone interviews in almost every field where Finland is present. The previous meetings and other contacts often facilitate further sales activities.
- Sergey’s expertise lie in:
- strategic marketing-analysis with the help of customer interviews
- sales- and customer potential survey (phone interviews)
- organising sales meetings
Igor Sokolov is our sales and logistics expert in Russia. During 12 years of line management he has built global players’ market leadership (Colgate Palmolive, Reemstma, Fazer, Leaf) in many regions. As a consultant and interim manager he has, amongst the other, developed the sales of market leaders and opened new markets for construction materials throughout Russia.
- Igor’s expertise lies in:
- sales, distribution and marketing-activities in distribution chains
- starting a new business, leading hands-on activities as a interim manager
- planning and implementing promotional activities
Jari Seikkula knows the Russian manufacturing industry, for instance, engineering workshops, energy producing machines, furniture and plastic industry. He has participated in launching diverse manufacturing projects and he has led two successful export rings in the 21th century (Finpro). The companies that were part of the export ring have now an order base of tens of millions of euros.
- Jari’s expertise lies in
- starting manufacturing operations in Russia
- developing manufacturing processes in Russia
- sales of investment goods in Russia
Our Russian consultants have a higher educational degree including Western degrees and they have good English skills (Igor satisfactory). The Finns work in Russian.
Our trainers in Russia
In addition, we have trainers in sales, management and leadership at our service, who will together with the customer develop the agreed areas of operation. There is always a consulting period before the training as the training is based on this consultation.